英 [ˌhæləʊˈi:n] 美 [ˌhæloˈin]
1. He had insisted that she come up to Lawford for the Halloween party.
2. To make a Halloween lantern, you first have to gouge out the inside of the pumpkin.
3. Do you want to come to a Halloween party?
你想参加万圣节聚会 吗 ?
4. Do you want to invite Bill to our Halloween party?
你想邀请比尔参加我们的万圣节聚会 吗 ?
5. Halloween is an autumn holiday that Americans celebrate every year.
6. Another Halloween is coming up.
7. Halloween is a fun holiday for us children.
8. Last Halloween I dressed up like a ghost.
9. Already? Halloween is just around the corner.
这么快 呀 ?万圣节快到了.
10. Our area of expertise is nut jobs in Halloween costumes.
11. Imagine them standing before you wearing a Halloween party mask.
12. Few holidays tap into the American psyche so close - ly as Halloween.
13. There are just 19 days left to pick up your Halloween costume.
14. And an old troll wish you a Happy Halloween!
15. Children would make Halloween decorations, all kinds of orange - paper jack - o - lanterns.
Halloween always falls on 31 October. It’s a holiday for children. On that day, children always wear fancy clothes and masks. And then, they go from house to house to say “Trick or Treat”, so that people will treat them with candies. If they don’t receive any candies, they’ll play a trick on people. But sometimes if the people are going out, when the children come, they’ll put the candies in a carved pumpkin lanterns. Children will take the candies themselves. All of the children enjoy this holiday very much.
Do you know Halloween? I think with the increasing of international communication, most people must be familiar with it. It has become one of the most popular festivals inEurope. It falls on the last day of October. People will celebrate it from the midnight of October, 31 to November first.
At first, it is celebrated to praise autumn. So it falls on the late autumn. It also has another legend. Since a long time ago, Halloween has been connected with the ghosts. People consider that the ghosts who have no home to go will go out for food on the night of October, 31. No matter this story is true or not, people will feel afraid only hearing it. So they decide to have celebration on that day. They will light up lights to frighten the ghosts.
However, after a long time, Halloween become the day mainly for kids. Every Halloween children will put on strange masks and frightening costumes. Most children will make themselves become the monster or hero in the movie or legend that they like. When they finish the make up, they will carry bags from house to house to play the game, “Trick or treat”. The adults will put the treat candy into their bags. Thus, Halloween is the most favorable festival for children.
Not only the kids like the festival, but also some grown-ups love it. They will join parties after making up. This brings them the satisfaction of being young. How about you? Do you love it?